Thursday, July 21, 2011

Ginger Syrup & Homemade Ginger Ale

IMG_3628

I first saw ginger syrup at a booth at the Brooklyn Flea. I was really tempted by it's neat glass bottle, but after learning how simple it was to make and hearing the $10 price tag, I thought, why can't I make this myself?

So with the air conditioner blasting, I decided to try my hand at some homemade ginger syrup. It was very easy, with only three ingredients and at the end I had half a wine bottle of some yummy syrup to make homemade ginger ale! It would also be great used in cocktails, which I am looking forward to experimenting with.

Recipe:

Approx. 6" hand of ginger
1 cups sugar
3 cups water

Chop the ginger (you can leave the skin on) roughly, and combine with the water and sugar in a heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20-25 minutes. Cool, strain and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment